Media visas are issued for all media-related visits to Afghanistan. Media visas are non-convertible or extendable. All visas for Afghanistan are only issued on valid passports. We do not issue visas for travel document holders.
How to Apply
- Please prepare and post the required documents
- Duly completed and signed Visa Application Form
ATTENTION! The application form must be printed on both sides on one paper*
- One standard passport size photo
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Address
- A letter from their media organisation confirming the purpose and duration of the trip
- After the media visa is issued, all journalists MUST attend the Office of the Spokesman & Director General of Communications of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain a journalist card. Without this card, journalists will not be allowed to carry out their duties.
- 140.00 $(Validity of 3 months with Single Entry and 30 Day Stay) (We accept cash payments ONLY)
Processing Time - 7 working days
- Tourist visas are not extendable and non-convertible
- All fees paid for the visa application are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the application. The validity of the visa begins from the issue date of the visa