Consular Section will be temporarily closed
Ambassador Jawad met with President Minnikhanov
Ambassador Jawad gave an interview to TASS
Agreement between the Academies of Sciences of Tatarstan and Afghanistan is signed
The first flamenco in Samangan; An incredible love poetry and a taste of old Afghanistan..
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING AFGHAN PASSPORT
APPOINTMENTS: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced.
Book an appointment
- VISIT IN PERSON: An applicant MUST visit the Embassy in person on the date and time of their appointment. Applications sent to the embassy via post and/or applications in the absence of the applicant will NOT be processed.
- APPLICATION: An application form must be filled carefully in BLOCK letters in English and Dari/Pashto for each applicant, with special attention to name and surname’s spelling, date of birth (Day/Month/Year), height, occupation and other specifics and accurate current address in Russian Federation. Application Form can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
- TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL ID): Applicants must provide their original Tazkira to the Embassy along with the application. If the applicant’s Tazkira is not verified by Ministry of Interior Affairs, a copy of it will be sent to the National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) in Afghanistan for verification. A new machine-readable passport will only be issued once the Tazkira is verified by NSIA. All applicants who do not possess verified Tazkiras should apply for Absentee Tazkira.
- PHOTOS: 2 passport size (4x4.5 cm) recent stamped photographs with a white background is required for an application.
- OLD Passport: the applicant must return his/her old/ or expired passport to the embassy upon lodging the application.
- Landing Permit or First Russian Visa: The applicant must provide the Russian visa he/she arrived upon or the Landing permit.
- CHILDREN: If a child was born in Russia and would like to apply for an Afghan passport, his/her parents, must provide:
- Original Tazkira of the parents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate must be presented to the Embassy along with the application. The Certificate must contain the parents names.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE: The applicant must provide a copy of the Russian Residence Permit.
- EXPRESS/REGISTERED SELF-ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOPE: The applicants are required to provide an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope.