Visa to Afghanistan
Visas for entry to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for foreign citizens are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the IRA, its foreign missions and consular offices in foreign countries with which Afghanistan has relevant agreements. Visas are also issued at the consular office at the airport only to persons staying from countries where there are no permanent missions of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The visa processing period for those wishing to visit Afghanistan at the invitation of legal entities or permanent missions of foreign states, international organizations accredited in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, individuals is from 5 to 7 working days, not counting the day of submission of documents. To obtain transit visas, you must fill out visa questionnaires and submit a passport and a visa of the state (states) of the destination.
Download the application form for obtaining an entry visa
ATTENTION! The application form must be printed on both sides on one sheet*
List of documents for obtaining a visa:M
- One photo (passport size);
- Visa application form (front and back);
- The original and a copy of the passport (expiration date is not less than 6 months);
- A copy of the invitation or other request.
Important information for foreign citizens
- We strongly recommend that all foreign citizens visiting the IRA extend their visa before its expiration if they wish to stay longer than the permitted period. If the visa is not renewed by a certain date, the passport holder will be fined $2 for each day during the first month, $5 for each day during the second month. If the stay is more than two months, then a fine and deportation from the country are imposed.
- During your stay in Afghanistan, we politely ask all foreign citizens staying in the IRA to respect the local culture and morality.
- Photography and cinematographic films can be shot after obtaining prior written permission from the Tourist Bureau, the Press Department, which are located in the building of the Ministry of Information and Culture of Afghanistan.
- The transportation of some rare bird species from the country is illegal. Therefore, visitors to the IRA should contact the Afghan Tourist Bureau for detailed information and a corresponding certificate for export.
- Tourists can take out of the duty-free zone 30 sq. m. meters of carpets, 10 skins (including doodle), processed and faceted precious stones (including lapis lazuli), handmade items and a limited number of antiquities.
- Upon arrival, foreign citizens are required to issue a declaration for all foreign currency (if the amount exceeds 1 million Afghanis or its equivalent) that they are carrying. Please request an Application Form at the airport.